This post is sponsored byCuyana, one of the very first conscious brands I discovered, almost six years ago. I immediately felt drawn to their “Fewer, better” philosophy, and I love knowing that each piece is made by skilled craftsmen, from the highest-quality materials, with integrity and kindness. Shop their collectionhere.
Now onto the post…
In the winter, I usually like to carry a bigger bag so I can stash an extra sweater or reusable coffee mug inside. But come warmer weather, I want to shed the heavy bag and go for something small, slim, and light. Something that can easily come with me on an impromptu nature walk without weighing me down.
It’s always a little unnerving to leave the house without my “just in case” items at first. But within a few days I find myself growing accustomed to it — and I love the freedom! It’s nice to not have to dig through a bottomless pit to find my phone or keys.
Plus my shoulders and neck love the lighter load. It’s amazing how these small, daily choices, like carrying a lighter purse and paying attention to my posture, can have a profoundly positive effect.
As a person who likes smaller bags,this mini half-moon bag from Cuyanais perfect. It fits all my essentials, but stays out of the way.I can comfortably fit my phone, card case, tinted lip balm, earbuds, sunglasses, and keys inside. The magnetic closure makes it easy to get in and out of, but it always seals back on it’s own, giving me the peace of mind that nothing will slip out.I love the clean, simple design — it’s almost like a sculpture you can wear — and the caramel leather will only grow more beautiful with age.
If you want a little more space, they havethis exact bag style in a larger size了。
So, what do you think — are you in the mood to switch to a smaller, lighter bag for spring? Here are my best tips when it comes to paring down your purse essentials:
- Switch from a wallet to a card holder. Or even better, try a phone case with a built-in-card holder.
- Look for two-in-one, travel size products — like a hand sanitizer + lotion in one, lip balm + lip color in one, etc.
- Take advantage of your phone — it can do so many jobs! Use it as a notebook, your calendar, an e-reader, a camera (try a manual camera app for extra creative control), or your wallet (by using a service like Apple Wallet or by getting a phone case with a built-in card holder).
- Downsize your keys to only what you use on a daily basis.
- If you regularly drive a car, consider keeping your “just in case” items in a designated spot in your car. That way you have them while out and about, but you don’t have to keep them in your bag.
In addition to the mini half-moon bag, Cuyana has some really special pieces this spring — here are a few other pieces that caught my eye:
• • •
And there you have it!
So tell me, are you in the mood to lighten your purse load? What’s one thing in your purse you could remove right now, to lighten up? If you carry a smaller bag, tell us your favorite benefit (or give us one of your top tips for keeping your purse pared down).